To be a network of individuals, organisations and venues established to promote and support artistic endeavours in the Eden Valley area. Giving a voice to artists.
Download the EVAN membership form here
- to support the development of local artists, creating pathways to progress
- to provide opportunities for local artists to show and market their work, connecting them with the local and tourist communities
- to create opportunities for networking and socialising
- to provide a professional development scheme for local working artists
- to provide a mentoring scheme for artistic endeavour
Proud to be a Community Interest Company
EVAN is a CIC; this means we are a special type of limited company and we exist to benefit the community rather than private shareholders.
Our company number is 10573196 and we were incorporated on 19th January 2017.
- An artistic Community
- Support with your development
- Enjoyment of art
We ask For
- Involvement – we like all the artists to become active members contributing to the vitality of the network.
- Equality and civility – We aim to be a wide network, we ask all members to treat others with respect and friendliness.
Membership of EVAN offers a range of marketing, sales, exhibition, collaboration, networking and social benefits, opening up a number of opportunities for you as an artist/creative professional.
Membership costs £40 per annum and runs from 1 January.
- An individual webpage on the EVAN website, with image, text, and links to your email, website and contact details. Linked through to Cumbria Tourism webpage.
- Social media promotion of artists and events via Facebook and Twitter.
- Discounts at local suppliers/cafes/bars as we negotiate them.
- The opportunity to participate in 8 social events at cost, hopefully approx. £2/3 each.
- Access to the Facebook page.
- Receive the quarterly newsletter of EVAN artists’ own exhibitions and projects, plus invitations to previews, workshops and requests for info, etc.
- Access to website opportunities as promoted.
- Priority to participate in 2 EVAN Showcase exhibitions, paying a small curation fee and a 10% commission on any sales (we will seek more venues and opportunities).
- Priority to participate in 2 EVAN Selling Fairs, at a local venue, (ideally Rheged) at a reasonable price for a space.
- Join group visits to galleries and museums across the North and other social activities at cost.
- Additional benefits as negotiated by EVAN as a group, i.e. group discounts with larger organisations.
- Take part in collaborations between EVAN artists, and between EVAN and other local arts venues/organisations.
- Join in the annual EVAN Art Trail, possibly promoted through local and regional PR.
Please return completed membership forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post to: EVAN Membership C/O EVAN Gallery and Studios, No.4 Corney Place, Penrith, CA11 7PX